Presented by Collibra and Carahsoft
Filmed on Location at DoDIIS Worldwide 2023
Advancing Diplomacy through Digital Transformation and Cloud Adoption
Summary: Jimmy Hall Jr., CIO & Director, Technology & Innovation Office, State Department discusses the State Department's strategic shift towards enhancing cybersecurity and adopting digital transformation, particularly in the Bureau of Intelligence and Research. This transition includes expanding Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) connectivity and moving to cloud-based platforms, aiming to improve intelligence delivery, user experience, and diplomatic efforts.
- Strategic Cloud Migration: The bureau is transitioning its top-secret network to the cloud, enhancing intelligence dissemination and securing data.
- Strengthening Cybersecurity: Focus on fortifying cybersecurity postures beyond compliance, indicating a proactive approach to digital threats.
- Enhancing User Experience: Emphasizing the importance of reliable service delivery and responsive helpdesk support for effective mission execution.
The Transformative Impact of AI in National Defense and Intelligence
Summary: Toan Do, VP, US Federal at Collibra highlights the significant role of AI in various sectors, including defense and intelligence. He emphasizes the importance of workforce diversity in AI development and the need for agile and adaptive approaches in technology deployment within the Department of Defense and intelligence communities.
- AI's Pervasive Influence: AI is a game-changer, aiding in diverse fields from healthcare to defense.
- Diversity in AI Development: Diverse perspectives in the AI workforce lead to more innovative and effective solutions.
- Agile and Adaptive AI Deployment: Encourages a fail-fast approach and adaptability in AI implementation within defense and intelligence sectors.
Shaping the Future: DARPA’s Four Research Thrusts in Information Innovation
Summary: Dr. Kathleen Fisher, Director, Information Innovation Office (I2O) at DARPA discusses DARPA's strategic direction in information innovation, focusing on proficient AI, information integrity, cyber warfare, and resilient systems. She elaborates on DARPA's approach to evaluating and adapting these research areas and the importance of ethical considerations in AI development.
- Proficient AI Development: A focus on developing AI systems that are trustworthy, competent, and ethical.
- Cyber Warfare Evolution: Recognition of cyber as a warfighting domain and the need for offensive and defensive cyber capabilities.
- Adaptive Research Strategies: DARPA's dynamic approach to determining relevant research domains and responding to emerging national security threats.